Wednesday, July 29, 2026

“Teach Them - Young Men and Women” by Steve Martin


Teach Them – Young Men and Women

As older men and women in the Faith, the Bible teaches that we are to teach those who come after us, to train them, entrusting to them that which the Lord has taught us.

Experience goes a long way. I would rather follow someone who has been on the rocky trail before me, rather than follow the one who has just read about how to walk on a trail in the mountains.

For me, give me someone who knows what to do, probably has fallen a few times and yet got back up,  then one still “learning the ropes”, so I won’t make the same mistakes myself and go the wrong way.

As Paul spoke to his young disciple Timothy, so do I want for those I am given to lead.

“You therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. The things which you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses, entrust these to faithful people who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2: 1-2 NASB

Many times I have prayed to be a good example, to heed the words of Jesus (Yeshua) so I might be a good witness, and carry His Name in a worthy way.

 

I remember as a young boy I wanted to be a good example to my brothers and sisters. It is even so today, with two brothers and five sisters in our family.

As I continue to be a good example, others will see, and hopefully watch or listen, to walk in the same way as our Lord did, and does.

“Do as I do” is better done than, “Do as I say and not as I do.”

I enjoy encouraging young men in particular in the faith. With my own two sons, along with others that the Lord has given me to build up in the faith – Moses in Pakistan, Yeshudas in India, Duncan in Kenya, I enjoy being one to follow.

May the good Lord continue to guide my steps so I can be one with solid faith and good leadership.

And may you too be one who others look to for guidance and walk in faithful obedience to our our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Ahava and Shalom,

Steve Martin


No comments:

Post a Comment